Nostalgia!!

I met the author of Cola Cowboys when he was on his fact finding trip.I have not read the book,having heard it’s a bit OTT.
I.ve had Nick Garlik at my house twice to collect pics and stories for his book,several other ex M/E drivers have also supplied him with info.I don’t know if I’ll live long enough to see the book.I think he must have enough information to write a book so big it will require some form of mechanical handling to read it!
I did however get an enquiry from a publisher asking permission to use some of my pics displayed on the toprun site,and within a couple of months received a copy of “Baghdad Trucker” hot off the press.
Every M/E driver has a book to write,and everyone would be different,there are so many stories,but it’s a matter of getting it from an idea in your head into print.If you feel you have enough stories and experiences to fill a book but don’t think you have what it takes to put it in writing,you need a ghost writer,or a publisher that can put your experiences down in writing,with the intention of getting it into print.
I have considered writing a book ever since I came off the M/E in '86,but with work and other things,I never had the time.
2 or 3 years ago I saw Ferdy’s advert in Truck and Driver for pics of the M/E and I contacted him and submitted the pics you can now see on his site.

toprun.ch/truck/Mega_Middle-East_Run/

With enough of my pics and stories circulating via other people,I think I’ve saved myself the job of finding a publisher!
However,when corresponding on this BB,I shall no doubt have some long forgotten anecdotes brought to mind that I can pass on to you.