Happy owner drivers

Concretejim:
Trucking is no different from any other industry, theres people doing it better then others, being more sucessful, making more money etc etc. What works for one, doesnt work for the other, what is acceptable for one isnt for the other etc. Thats business, thats life.

Its no different then drivers and drivers wages, if people are prepared to work for minimum wage, then hourly rates will not increase.

Its the same for rates, you have to ask yourself are you happy with what your charging/getting.

If people didnt take a chance, or give it a go the world would be a very boring and un successful place.

That being said, im sure there have been many many folk who have tried and lost everything in the process.

Horses for courses and all that.

very true concretejim , i am just dipping my toe in the water, just for some feed back from other people, i think i have seen all i can find to read on the uk internet about becoming an owner driver, i have a company i can do work for but nothing to build a business up with, been talking to your usual companies about subcontracting but cant make up my mind if i can justify the cost of putting a waggon on the road and taking the chance that i can find other work to keep it rolling