Daf LF45 Abs problem

Hi, just wondered if anyone can give a suggestion!
I have a Daf Lf45 it doesn’t get used very often & I’ve been having a problem with the abs warning light on the dash. We had a similar problem a couple of years ago, apparently the ring the sensor is supposed to sense gets rusty so it doesn’t sense it.Hence the light & sound in the cab keeps coming on. Is there any way of stopping it from rusting & is this a common problem with vehicles that are not used regularly?

Earlier LFs has the sensor ring cast into the disc and it rotted badly until the sensor could not work out what was going on, later on they got a separate ring.
If you have a multimeter and a jack you can do some basic checks yourself.
Youtube will give you some pointers, I would say 1/2 an hr and you can have all the sensor outputs checked out at the wheel stations.

Trickydick:
Earlier LFs has the sensor ring cast into the disc and it rotted badly until the sensor could not work out what was going on, later on they got a separate ring.
If you have a multimeter and a jack you can do some basic checks yourself.
Youtube will give you some pointers, I would say 1/2 an hr and you can have all the sensor outputs checked out at the wheel stations.

Half an hour with rotary wire brush, on each ring, should help, its tight but do-able…

Reads like a innuendo.!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have someone going to clean the rings up over the weekend so I’ll find out next week when I use it if it’s sorted it not!

Pay a little more and buy a Mercedes instead of paying less and buying some crap Daf,Volvo or even worse Scania.
You get what you pay for.

Bking:
Pay a little more and buy a Mercedes instead of paying less and buying some crap Daf,Volvo or even worse Scania.

It’s alright, the bell end competition finished ages ago, and you won.

Own Account Driver:

Bking:

Just a shame your the chicken skin handbag.

Own Account Driver:

Bking:

Now now O,A,D…He is entitled to his opinion ,hence I never commented :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Give your an engine a good kick and it should stop :smiley: