New Zealand trucking

eagerbeaver:

nedincredible:

eagerbeaver:
Still not sure on which visa I would potentially come out on though?

Hey Beaver,

What Andy said about a tourist visa could work, that would give you three months before it runs out to find work if I’m not mistaken. I came out on an IEP visa which it’s possible to get before your 36th birthday (so up to the age of 35). You can only get this through a company called Bunac. Because they have a monopoly on this it means it costs around three times that of a regular working holiday visa (because they force you to buy a holiday package with it) which you can grab up to the age of 30. I also didn’t have to get a medical or a police certificate to get my visa but this is all dependant on your own personal circumstances I guess and something definitely worth checking up on.

Then you will have to convert your license to the equivalent NZ license before you will be allowed to work.

nzta.govt.nz/driver-licence … r-licence/

Above link should cover everything you need to know about converting your license.

Thanks for all the help fella’s. I have experienced 45 summers & winters sadly, so the under 30 thing is a distant memory :laughing: (A bit like my 6 pack and knob length :blush: )

Plenty food for thought…getting a bit sick of Englandski/Britistan.

I find myself reading this thread with interest, I agree with beaver, sick of how the industry is going DOWNHILL FAST together with Englandski…
I’m particularly interested in the cost of living & equivalent wages in NZ compared to here & also where in NZ would you say get’s the most sunshine??
Thanks.