W.H.WILLIAMS (spennymoor)

The flu jab can cause problems Carl, I have it now as I’m my wife’s carer (unpaid of course) and it is insisted upon. Infact I recently went to our surgery to have my ears syringed and while I was ‘in the chair’ I felt a needle going into my arm, “Might as well do this while you are here sir” and that was it, no choice!! However around 17 years ago, when I was still working, I took the misses to have her jab in November (she has had MS for 20+ years) and they asked me if I wanted mine. Now I didn’t feel ‘right’ if you know what I mean, slightly heady and I told them so. So the Nurse stuck a thermometer in my ear, confirmed my temperature was OK and jabbed me! And that one jab resulted in me being off work for a month. :unamused: On monday I could barely walk and it got worse, Doctor came and checked me over “You have got a double dose of flu, there was some in your system and the vaccine has given you an extra amount, nothing we can do apart from total rest”. “Great, how long will it take to clear” I asked, “Work on February or March” was the reply! :open_mouth: I did improve slowly and returned to work a couple of weeks before the Christmas break, money was running short by then, but it was many weeks before I got my strength back. It was several years before I risked having the jab again, infact I had finished work by then I believe.

Pete.