Latest news and offers from Peter Smythe Transport Training

Pete, you’ve been very helpful to a lot of people (including me) and I can see where you are coming from with this offer. However, I can’t help but feel the need to make a few comments:

1. People who have a good credit score could get a 0% interest credit card deal (balance transfer) for anywhere up to 3 years (yes there is a fee but they vary). So it doesn’t really apply to those who can obtain credit elsewhere at preferable rates (as you’ve alluded to).

2. As this is being posted here it must be assumed people know about the 10% discount, so removing that from this offer means a person will be paying £140 more for a Cat C course, so it’s not really without a cost. It means that someone taking up this offer via this forum will pay £140 more because this offer is advertised here. As always, it seems those without money pay more in the long run… IF the offer was alongside the usual 10% discount then it would be truly without extra cost.

3. As a new member here and someone looking to do their HGV I can say (as I’m sure many can) that choosing a training provider is a bloody nightmare. No qualified instructors needed, no quality control needed over anything it seems. That said, I do applaud Pete and other providers who try to improve standards and accountability. Lastly, I’m not trying to have a pop at Pete here, I just have an issue with some of the things I’ve mentioned.

4. I’ve waffled on enough :smiley: :laughing: