Accident with our driver. Who is at fault?

Harry Monk:

DonutUK:
Your driver clearly not looking in front of him when moving off…nearly 3/4 of the pick up truck was in front of him before he hit them at little more than crawling speed.

Pick up driver shouldn’t have just assumed he was ok for the gap…give way to the right and all that…but likewise your driver should have spotted him and stopped.

50/50 for me.

The windscreen-mounted camera may have seen the pick-up but I’d say it would almost certainly have been blind-spotted for the truck driver as being beneath the line of the dashboard.

Note though that the dash cam can see the sun visor of the truck, any camera mounted in the normal postion wont which means the camera is placed a lot higher than usual.

Completely the driver of the trucks fault. The driver of ‘our’ vehicle waited 7 seconds after the van in front moved to pull away, thats a lot more than can be accounted for by the delay from releasing the brakes. Add in the fact that the pick up was cleared by the fact that on the roundabout traffic was held by a red light and he was allowed to move by a green, more in his favour.

If that was my driver he would be fired or at least on a final written warning. Improper observation, driving without due care and attention, proceeding when prohibited by stop signals. One failure to follow the HWC and two actionable traffic offenses in one move, he is a costly liability.