Question about tachograph manual entries

Lennoxtown:
How important is it for me to do manual entries when I only drive HGV’s a couple of days per month?

I spend the rest of the month driving a Ford Transit van on officially a 37.5 hour week but realistically I work
more like 50 hours per week, but I get plenty of rest. Incidentally, ALL driving in this other job is non tacho

Also, how many days or consecutive weekends should or can I legally drive HGV’s… Surely my Non-HGV work
still counts? Am I pushing my luck doing more than a couple of days HGV driving on the agency?

Keep a record of the none HGV driving work in a notebook and when you insert your driver card use the ? symbol for all the time since the end of the last HGV driving job.

If your none HGV work is for the same company that you drive HGVs for you would be foolish not to stick to the weekly rest requirements in weeks that you drive in-scope of EU regulations.
If your HGV driving is not done for the same company as your usual job then it’s up-to you whether or not you want to lie about what you do if you get stopped.

As for how many days can you legally drive HGVs it’s not possible to say without knowing what hours you work in your usual job, legally in any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations you should comply with the weekly rest requirement.