Saints Transport / Goldstar Heathrow Feedback

Hyh:
Thanks for all the feedback. I was hoping it might have been a little more positive…

I’m a new pass Class 1 and so I’m finding it tricky finding anyone that will take me on outside of agencies…Even most of those are saying come back when I have a years experience.

I’m just south of Gatwick, so it will be a bit of a commute to Heathrow.

If anyone happens to know of any companies taking on new class 1 passes, ideally trunking, or at least not physically demanding multi drop - I would love to hear

I had an interview with Saints on Friday and was a little surprised by the money on offer considering I’m a new pass. It was knocking on the door of £37K for Monday-Friday on nights. I got the impression there might be the odd night/day out involved but isn’t tramping. I’m not sure if that figure includes money for any days out. 28 days holiday a year. They stick new drivers with an experienced driver to make sure you’re confident before sending you out solo - which is a plus for a new pass instead of being thrown keys and wished luck. :open_mouth:

Thanks again guys :slight_smile:

If you can’t get work and they’re offering it at a decent rate and somebody to show you the ropes so to speak then I’d seriously consider it, it seems you might have to take advantage of their accommodation, and that might be the downside.
A. you won’t get home on what is a day job, which can be a problem for some.
B. depends on the standard of the accommodation, I personally wouldn’t expect a 5star hotel, but I would expect somewhere that has some privacy, that’s clean, dry and warm, where you can get clean and rest properly.