Any old promotor drivers around

brookie:
I’ve just got to say what a cracking thread this is. I went into the Tunbridge Wells office to enquire about a job when I had just got my artic licence, but was too young with no experience. I was lucky enough to get a start on European work a few years later with Radcliffe’s and had the privilege of meeting and running to Italy with Graham Bertram on a couple of occasions. Many thanks sandway, mushroom man, vodka cola cowboy, efes etc for a real insight into a great company and its work.

Hello Brookie, can I just make it clear that I never said that I ever worked for Promotor but I did meet up with a few of their drivers on a number of occasions back in the early eighties. :slight_smile: I have added my “little bits” to Sandway’s marvellous thread hoping that they may answer some long lost questions to some unusual incidents which happened over thirty years ago. As Dow Freight also used to do a lot of work in The Commie Block at the time, both companies drivers would often park up in the usual watering holes for the night. Graham (Blue) Bertram was one of those characters who made the job as interesting as it was back then.
Three years ago I asked on the Astran/Middle East thread did anybody remember seeing two Coles cranes that were laying on their sides near the Iraqi border and it seems that Mick Buckingham who worked for Pan Express at the time also saw them.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13629&p=1738580&hilit=+zacho#p1738580

It wasn’t until Brian joined Trucknet and started this thread that we finally got to know the answer.
B.T.W. I think that Sandways latest adventure is one of the best stories that has been on here for a long time, so crack on with it Brian. :smiley:

Regards Steve.