Saints Transport / Goldstar Heathrow Feedback

i worked for Saints for over ten years as both a driver and manager, The accomodation is for any body to use as many drivers travel from all over the place to do a 4 or 5 day shift, they also have drivers based in Glasgow and Manchester. a lot of the trucks run 24 hours a day and are rarely allocated to one driver these days. They have a variety of work from airport contracts where your spend the day delivering cargo at Heathrow to all kinds of ad hoc work. They are the main transport suppliers for BA world cargo so run trucks to most major UK airports and BA engineering where it can be anything from a screw to an engine that needs moving any where in Europe. Their other main contract is for DHL at Hayes. Saints do have one truck based at Gatwick so you could ask them about that.
I am an agency driver and work on many Goldstar contracts currently at DHL Langley and Expeditors. They are much the same as Saints apart from the BA tie up. I have known them for over ten years.
Both companies are ok on the whole and I would think pay rates are similar, the kit will range from brand new to old and worn, they both offer all kinds of different shift patterns, days and nights with different start times so you should find a shift to suit you.
I know both companies very well and would not discourage anybody from working at either one.
Goldstar and Saints will take new passes but may put you on a reduced rate at the start.
Saints is not a Scottish firm but is owned by two families,mainly the Carrolls along with the Beeches. Martin Carroll is the main shareholder and boss but is trying to hand over to his son Piers who is some one I never got along with.