Going independent

nsmith1180:
Yikes 1dog, your post broke the cliche-o-meter!

Though I agree with several of your points. The question I have for the op is why an 18t? A 7.5t has go anywhere advantages and lower licence requirements, a 26t has obvious payload benefits and an artic has flexibility, payload and ready supply in its favour.

I firmly believe that by starting with a unit I started right, because I have a decent cab and I can hire the right back end for this week’s job, and if need be, hire a different back end for next week.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

only just seen reply nsmith - hmm, sounds like you’ve got a good set up as its clearly working for you. I’m working my way gradually towards some sort of a self employed owner driver set up. Not 100% sure what even tho it does look like increasingly running a unit. Studying CPC Management Course the mo. Exams in March. Fingers crossed. Once I get passed that, it will b a major box ticked.
I’m not really worried too much about setting everything up. Everything is more or less in order, biggest hurdle being passing CPC course. its more how I generate my work which is what beats me up thinking about really. I’m open t any input you have on tis subject area

thanks and all the best