Tramping vs days vs nights

adam277:

Drift:

adam277:
Biggest problem I have with tramping is saving money.
If I had the willpower not to eat out and just save money avoiding MSAs and takeaways and just eat sandwiches made at home I’d be alright.
I know I cant do that though as I’ll just be miserable.

I very very rarely eat at msa and never from vans, if you have your own wagon a microwave makes a world of difference or/and a gas burner.
Precooked food frozen, everything from scouse, chilli, lasagne all kinds, I also take pre cut fruit in tubs, one a day, grapes, pineapple, kiwifruit, melon, strawberry. Nice and refreshing.
I do have a good selection of chocolate to.

That is a bit of faffing about though. I am lazy when it comes to these things though.

Drift:
It’s easy to make, fry the meat up than basically bung it all in a pan, boil up then simmer for a couple of hours.
It’s always better a day or two later, you make it in bulk and tuppaware it up.
Cheap, easy and got veg in, so in my mind healthy :laughing:

Not really faffing, just a bit of pre-prep, it’s great with these days of fridges and microwaves. Not only is it cheaper it will be much healthier, if you make the food yourself you have a lot more control what goes into it, things like salt, sugar and preservatives, and with the sort of money you spend on MSA food, you’d be able to buy some proper quality ingredients.

Although personally when I used to do a proper truck drivers job, I didn’t cook in the cab every night, I liked to have a fry up now and then, or to get out of the cab and have a proper meal out in a local or if there are any left a decent Cafe, Truckstop and if you’re lucky talk to interesting, funny, normal people and hopefully avoiding the know it all truck driver in process.