Tramping vs days vs nights

The thing is with tramping is that you have to be organised and geared up for it in order to make and get the best out of it. Day men are not geared up for nights out so if they get caught out and have to spend a night out then it will feel like hell. It doesn’t take a special type of person to do it, when I first started tramping I hated it because I didn’t have both the experience or the gear, I soon gained both and now it is actually better than day work. Tramping does not mean living like a tramp, I keep myself clean and tidy at all times and look better after a week away than a lot of day men look, some day men look drained and half dead because of their ridiculous long hours. It is all about what suits you, if you have tried tramping for a short period or had the odd night out then don’t knock it because you were not properly geared up for it. It suits me and it suits others, I wouldn’t knock day or night men just because that doesn’t suit me. As for the money, yes it is ■■■■ as is all drivers wages.