Tramping vs days vs nights

The latest thing on here when the daymen are slavering on about ‘‘sleeping in a tin box’’ etc etc is the night out money.
If it was the same proportional amount in relationship to your wage as it was when I started it would be around 40 quid, or if it was for cheap digs even more.
So yeh it’s crap, yeh it could be better, but it is literally making the best out of a bad job.
The types of cabs we live in nowadays are like comparing a garden shed with a penthouse flat to what we just slept in as a matter of routine, we used to kip across the seats in a non heated day cab on a ■■■■ foam covered board ffs!
I know some daymen start menstruating if a night out is mentioned :unamused: , as it aint for everybody, but it suits many, ok to discuss but why the abuse.?
As for breaking down the 20 to 30 quid or whatever we get, to a pound per hour ratio to make a point, …it’s totally irellavent, it’s subsistence ! :unamused: it was never about being paid per hour, as I said a crap rate of subsistence but the whole ■■■■ job is crap nowadays.