Pertemps assessment

I’m in Glasgow, passed my C+E 4 weeks ago and considering going down to Crick to do some additional training with Pertemps own training team.

Has anyone done this and did it open doors for you when completed it?

I believe Pertemps can put you on some kind of enhanced insurance which allows them to place you into some of the big boys on a temp to perm basis.

Just make sure they don’t charge you for it and that they actually pay you for it at standard rate.
I know they try to make these things unpaid.

Plenty of work out there. Usually the best way to get class 1 work is a willingness to do class 2 work.

I was offered that from pertemps and there was something like you paid a deposit in case you didn’t show up which you got back if you did turn up. As you said above it was for their insurance. I never did it as got a permanent job first but sounded reasonable enough.

Is there anything like a Stobarts, Downtons, Turners etc near you? All are known for taking new passes. Not the best payers I admit but will give you a start and a steady income while you get some experience

kcrussell25:
I was offered that from pertemps and there was something like you paid a deposit in case you didn’t show up which you got back if you did turn up. As you said above it was for their insurance. I never did it as got a permanent job first but sounded reasonable enough.

Is there anything like a Stobarts, Downtons, Turners etc near you? All are known for taking new passes. Not the best payers I admit but will give you a start and a steady income while you get some experience

I’ve got solid offers of work if I want them but the company I want in to won’t take inexperienced drivers.
It was their transport manager that tipped me off to this as they will take drivers from Pertemps who are “on the insurance” so to speak.
It wasn’t a direct job offer but more of a “do this and…wink wink” kind of thing.
I just don’t want stung or have any surprises sprung on me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rabb:

kcrussell25:

I’ve got solid offers of work if I want them but the company I want in to won’t take inexperienced drivers.
It was their transport manager that tipped me off to this as they will take drivers from Pertemps who are “on the insurance” so to speak.
It wasn’t a direct job offer but more of a “do this and…wink wink” kind of thing.

Then it sounds like thats your only option. Just wondering is it a “good” job. By that I mean one you will be sorry to lose? I personally took a not so great job but won’t miss it if I screw up and lose it. Saving the better jobs for when I have some experience. What you do is up to you through

kcrussell25:

rabb:

kcrussell25:

Then it sounds like thats your only option. Just wondering is it a “good” job. By that I mean one you will be sorry to lose? I personally took a not so great job but won’t miss it if I screw up and lose it. Saving the better jobs for when I have some experience. What you do is up to you through

Thats a very good point actually. You’ve got me rethinking this now!!!

rabb:

kcrussell25:

rabb:

kcrussell25:

Thats a very good point actually. You’ve got me rethinking this now!!!

As a new pass there is a strong chance you will screw up, I certainly have! I scuffed a trailer on a gate post. Went back and they were ok with me and try not to do it again. They are well used to it taking new passes. Other firms may not be so forgiving. I will give a year in the “worse” job which to be fair is fine. Before looking for the better jobs when hopefully my inexperienced errors will have been made.

Edit wrong button before finished :blush:

Who is it your trying to get into?
Someone might be able to tell you if it’s worth the hassle of jumping through all their hoops to get a start.

Rabb

I did this assessment with Pertemps shortly after I got my Class 1 License.

It was a good day and well worth it for a new driver. Some good real world experience and advice.

More importantly as a result of doing this I was able to work on contracts that otherwise I wouldn’t have been allowed on. In my area this included DHL and Wincantons. I’ve been fully employed since doing the course.

my son-in-law had an assessment at Pertemps,Crick,and sailed through.he’s not a full-time driver,but loads of work on offer for him when he wants it.they are based at DHL in Crick.

Bigpaul:
Rabb

I did this assessment with Pertemps shortly after I got my Class 1 License.

It was a good day and well worth it for a new driver. Some good real world experience and advice.

More importantly as a result of doing this I was able to work on contracts that otherwise I wouldn’t have been allowed on. In my area this included DHL and Wincantons. I’ve been fully employed since doing the course.

That’s what I was hoping to hear mate. I’ll definitely take them up on the offer now. As the consultant said, it would open all sorts of doors for me. Seems like it has for you. It’s only costing me the price of an overnight in an Ibis :smiley: