Tramping vs days vs nights

nightline:

the maoster:

nightline:
Looks like it’s all about the 20 quid for a days work that they are all interested in trampers
I suppose a 100 quid a week can make a huge difference to someone’s lifestyle I just don’t get it how someone could let themselves be treated like dirt for 20 quid and at the same time mind all the gear for that.
It must have been a hard life with whatever they were doing before that

You just luuuurve posts like this don’t you? :smiley: . If nothing else it allows you to trot out your old and tired “■■■■ stained lay by, tin box, unpaid security guard” shizzle. I’m reminded of the fat guys in overstretched footy tops shouting obscenities at real football players about how the game should be played…

FYI I get £26 per night, I don’t use 2 gallons of petrol commuting, I’m in truth doing more hours than I’d be happy doing on day runs therefore increasing my earnings and my holiday pay average (for some bizarre reason) includes my expenses. So £20 per day? I think not.

Lets look at the facts
A salesman on the road spending night’s away from home or for that matter anyone other than a truck driver
Leaves his house Monday morning stops for lunch at 13.00 = lunch is paid for
Finnishs at 17.00 at hotel for night and has dinner at 19.30 = Paid For
Has a good night’s sleep in nice bed = Paid For
Gets up next morning and has a shower Paid For
Goes down for a full breakfast = Paid For
NOW TELL ME YOUR 26 QUID IS WORTH IT
You would be lucky to wipe your arse with it never mind getting a decent meal for it, and on top of that you are the cream, top dog, because you must be on the top of the top rate for night out money.
Do you not get lunch money or is it all part of your 26 quid
It’s a sad world when people spend 24 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week away for 26 quid for a 24 hour shift
I rest my case

If I was away from home all week every week, I would much rather have my own sleeper cab to make home rather than traipsing in & out of crap travel taverns all the time. You can bet your bottom dollar that gaffers would have you room sharing as well.

No thanks!