Saints Transport / Goldstar Heathrow Feedback

Hyh:
Would you mind sharing what you thought of them, what are they like to work for?

Gold Star teamed up with Select Transport, AKA “Select Euro” up in Manchester, the biggest none airline group now in MAN. I’ve worked for Select before the merge, decent kit decent office staff.

Saints, from what I’ve heard from their drivers, they run max hours every week.

Hyh:
Apparently Saints have accommodation at Heathrow for their drivers between shifts, is this normal with airfreight companies?

Nope, you will find MAN is the middle ground, all the major companies will run their over night trunkers from here, Swissport, Dnata, UCH. Where as WFS run trampers, when they well tramp. Saints massive company up north, and Circle massive in LHR. Both Sottish firms. Been awhile since I’ve been down to the horse shoe.

Altho say they have more work for drivers up in Man then LHR and more drivers in LHR, they have all been known to bring them up and provide accommodation for them, whilst they are working at that said place.

Hyh:
what the work is like, how much waiting around etc.

There is 2 parts of Airfright, Nights and Days like the rest of the industry. As someone that has done both, I’ll break it down for you

Days

You get your run sheet, delivelies of imports, and some collections, thought out the day you will get extra work in the form of collections.

Nights,

This is split into 2.

You have your trunkers that run from airport to airport, normally MAN - LHR, Then there is the bonds, delivering frieght into the airlines and pulling for the day lads.

All of it has a lot of waiting around. as the Agents pull the strings over the transport companies.
If i was to sum it up in 5 words or less,

IT’S ■■■■! DONT