Saints Transport / Goldstar Heathrow Feedback

Hyh:
Hi all,
Has anyone worked at either of the above companies?

Would you mind sharing what you thought of them, what are they like to work for, what the work is like, how much waiting around etc.

Apparently Saints have accommodation at Heathrow for their drivers between shifts, is this normal with airfreight companies?

This is for Class 1

Thanks

It’s definitely not ‘normal’; I presume some companies have them and others don’t and some companies care for their staff and some don’t. Goldstar look fairly modern from the outside (all nice new trucks certainly) but I’ve not seen inside the building much. I was working for a company in that area which does some airfreight in October and they have no accommodation for their drivers whatsoever; they’re just expected to sit in the cab and there’s one toilet for all the men on site. (There’s a meeting room and kitchen upstairs but we’re not allowed to use them.) I turned up at 6am for a job at WFS (Scylla Road) last week; needed the loo and all their toilets were either broken, filthy or both (one had the seat and lid lying down by the side of the pan; inside the warehouse they clearly had no loo roll and were using paper towels instead, and one of them had already been blocked with paper and crap and the other was going to be the same if I used it) so I left.