Yes another self employed discussion

albion:

muckles:

albion:
Under UK terms, you are self employed Andrew, you have your own truck. I’ve been to RHA conferences, Sat in on transport solicitors seminars and it’s Crystal clear. If you are a driver, to be self emoyed, you have to have a truck. It really is that simple.

I’m not sure if it is that simple, after all what is an agency except a ltd company sending a driver to a company, the agency doesn’t have their own trucks?
So why isn’t a ltd company company driver an agency with only one driver on their books, provided you fulfill the criteria set out by the HMRC?

An agency will have multiple employees and it’s business is to supply temporary workers. I should have been clearer, joys of typing on a mobile phone, if you are a one man self-employed working for one company, you cannot be self-employed, unless you have your own vehicle. If you are self-employed and drive for multiple customers, then you can be self employed.

Yes. I believe this would satisfy the criteria of being able to supply a substitute that would quantify being a “real” business.
Earlier this year, I did a big job for one client for a couple of months and turned down work from other clients to concentrate on this job. Because I was generating invoices to only one company, I started to trigger mechanisms for not being self employed despite employing 3 people.

Own/drive your own truck. Put fuel in the tank from your own pocket = small business person.
Driving for one company more or less full time = taking the ■■■■/having the ■■■■ taken from you.