PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Bow Bells haulage Volvo F10
I remember Bow Bells Transport,they were something to do with Tower Hill Transport or Boston Stevedores as it was officially known.

Thanks for your input Chris ! :smiley:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970ā€™s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memoriesā€¦Regards Andrew.

Cheers Andrew, i think there may be some more of theres to come from memory. :wink:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970ā€™s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memoriesā€¦Regards Andrew.

Their HQ was in Sheffield,a big company in itā€™s day,owning Ketton Cement and Castle Cement and ship breakers at Briton Ferry as Andrew said and also at Rosyth and Cairnryan.
It was taken over int 80s by Rio Tinto Zinc.
They employed ā€œLizzieā€ int First World Warā€¦ :laughing:

Cheers Chris for that info,nice pic ! :smiley:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:
Their HQ was in Sheffield,a big company in itā€™s day,owning Ketton Cement and Castle Cement and ship breakers at Briton Ferry as Andrew said and also at Rosyth and Cairnryan.
It was taken over int 80s by Rio Tinto Zinc.
They employed ā€œLizzieā€ int First World Warā€¦ :laughing:

hi chris,
i was only a kid at the time.it seemed that every time i cycled to stormy down,there was always an ergomatic leyland or AEC or whatever being repaired.They scrapped ships at Britton Ferry wharf back then,it was known locally as giants grave.
regards Andrew.

:laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Donā€™t laugh Chris but many many years ago Thos. Ward broke up ships at Morecambe alongside the stone jetty, apparently the Midland Railway paid them to stop and then they built the Midland Hotel.IIRC Wards also broke ships up in Barrow, Leyland 680 will have more info. Cheers Dennis.

You have a good memory Dennis,with regard to all the stuff you remember ! :wink:

steelboyf10:
The original Hereford Lightningā€¦ been passed a few times by these boys on the 49, :smiley:

Thats why they were known as ā€œ290 flying machinesā€ most drivers never bothered with the
inside lane ā€œsteelboyf10ā€. Normal procedure,join motorway indicate right move to the
middle lane and go into warp mode !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Mind you i do also like that name ā€œHereford Lightningā€ ,quality ! :wink:

rward:
Hi Paul John hope your well the Rhys Davis 88 Iā€™m thinking it could be joey he liked a bit of bling great bloke. The name robin rings a bell and I well remember peters transcontine regards rowley

Cheers Rowley ! :wink: