Tesla Electric Artics

Bewick:

Frankydobo:
So what do members think of the Tesla Electric Artic vehicles shown today, it had to come I suppose, rather dull looking machines though! Franky.

Well IMHO I believe all this “excitement” about going Electric is a load of un-achievable Bollox because there isn’t going to be enough generating capacity for domestic and business use in coming years never mind powering vehicles ! So how many more power stations will be needed to power all these electric cars and commercials ? Wind farms are OK but if it blows too hard they are switched off or if it isn’t blowing they are U/S. It’s pie in the sky as far as I can see, well in our lifetime anyway :frowning: Cheers Bewick. PS “CF” will no doubt put us straight in the fullness of time !

Hi Dennis,
the videos I’ve seen say that when empty,a class 8 semi or to us in the uk an artic,can accelerate from 0 - 60 mph in 5 seconds and loaded to 80,000 lbs,around 40 tonnes it can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 20 seconds and have a range of 500 miles on a single charge.even at full weight it can maintain top speed up the steepest climbs in mountainous terrain.There has been a tremendous leap forward in battery technology the past 10 years,who would ever have thought we’d be using battery powered tools to fit truck wheel nuts? Personally with the way technology is now,a big part of me thinks this TESLA artic could be a real game changer? interestingly though,regarding the TESLA arctic,i can’t seem to find out how much an actual truck is going to cost? I would imagine their price would reflect the owner potentially saving thousands per month on their diesel bill.
regards Andrew.