Wigan Transport Companies

Hi Glynn77, Welcome to Trucknet. Thank you for your posts, I am familiar with most of the company names
that you have mentioned. I was towed back to Wigan by Barry Greenall at “Warp” speed from from the M55
near the Fleetwood Junction, and I knew Vince Brown quite well, I recall that I subbed a couple of loads to
Vince, probably to Clydebank, when I was “Over the top busy”. I have just remembered Ian Mather (RIP),
Ian did a few driving jobs for me about 2008, delivering “Counter Terrorism” equipment in one of my
Mercedes-Benz vans to the Military and the Police at Winterbourne Gunner and Porton Down. Hope you find
some pictures, and post them on here. There is a thread on “Old Time Lorries” that covers Hauliers in
Ashton In Makerfield, and thereabouts, started by Senior Trucknet member, Eddie Heaton.

Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Eddie Heaton has informed me that John West started the “Ashton In Makerfield” thread, not Eddie as mentioned above,
so its apologies to John, but also thanks to Eddie for his input to many threads on Trucknet. Regards, Ray Smyth.