The Atkinson 'View-Line'

DEANB:
Well done Chris !! :laughing: The main reason i was badgering you Chris is that i did not know anything about
the Viewline,and had pretty much forgotten about them until you posted a pic of one. The thing that raised
my intrest was that you said the factory reckoned they made around 200,but you reckoned that figure
was wrong and it was less than that. Therefore a bit Like Robert’s Europeans i thought it would be
intresting to see what we could find out about them. Maybe do a register like Robert has for the
Europeans,and see how many between us we can find ? :unamused:

I half-heartedly did one, years ago, but I found some more after that! The quote of 200 wasn’t an official factory figure, just someone at the factory giving his opinion.

Bizarrely, when mine was rebuilt, we got a retired ex-Atkinson cab shop man to build the frame for us, and he reckoned he’d never seen one before! I showed him a factory
photo of one in build in the cab shop, and he recognised the chap working on it but still reckoned that he couldn’t remember the View-Line cab itself!

I wonder if Paul Gee ever captured one at work, other than a pensioned-off wrecker conversion?