Help to stop the Mrs sell my house

lived in this house for 15 yrs , other houses for nigh on 40 yrs and we’ve never had a mouse or anything like it , but the other night daughter came running down stairs screaming :unamused: there’s a mouse in my bedroom :exclamation: , went up thinking what a load of rubbish , but yea she was right , tiny little sod .
Anyway never having had anything like this I was straight down in morn ( daughter went to her boyfriends ) and got some poison / plug in noise type things , put down pckts poison and they only seem to being ate in airing cupboard ( we had some plumbing and floorboards wernt put down as they should ) , so I can only assume it / them ( saying them as they’ve now been eating poison pckts for 2 days , ) which makes me think more than one , but only seen one so not sure .
So to save me selling house ( Mrs wants out now :unamused: ) what the best route to rid house of mouse , I’ve put down poison , bought plug in deterrent things , been round outside of house and can’t see any holes etc , cant really get under floorboards as you can imagine , major job
Any ideas on how to get rid of it / them and how the hell did it get in , ta

Here we go again and it’s no even friday.

Take your wife out tramping with you, send the daughter to her boyfriend and get somebody from pest control down there. They smoke your house out and all creatures will be gone/dead.

With this you also could spend the friday with your wife and invite her to a candle light dinner in one of the MSA’s.

Otherwise build a new house with all the building material you transport week in/week out.

Tipperdipper1:
Here we go again and it’s no even friday.

Take your wife out tramping with you, send the daughter to her boyfriend and get somebody from pest control down there. They smoke your house out and all creatures will be gone/dead.

With this you also could spend the friday with your wife and invite her to a candle light dinner in were one of the MSA’s.

Otherwise build a new house with all the building material you transport week in/week out.

Smoke the house out , not with her wardrobes full of dresses they won’t ( or she won’t allow ) , will see what route taking brings us , but ta

Get a cat.

If your wife hates the idea of mice in the house just tell her they are baby rats,problem solved…no need to thank me.

Divorce

robroy:
Get a cat.

I did think about a cat rob but other people say they just play about with mice and not kill them , or even bring them home
We seem to have kept it / them to airing cuboard , maybe them plug in things are working , but poison is still being ate 3 days on so I’m thinking more than one under floor boards ,give it until I get back from and if there / it’s still eating poison I’ll get someone I

xichrisxi:
If your wife hates the idea of mice in the house just tell her they are baby rats,problem solved…no need to thank me.

Can we please stick to 1 , I think she’d go into meltdown at the mention of 2 mice , never mind rats

Poison is designed to take a few days to kill mice and rats. Rodents are extremely suspicious of anything new (neophobic) and if there are several of them, then one will be nominated as “food tester”, the others will only take the poison if it seems to be having no ill effect on the tester rodent. Snap traps baited with peanut butter placed along the mouse’s run (look for a greasy mark along a wall) are very effective.

I don’t know why I’m bothering but it’s everything that Harry said. Forget poison for mice. Snap traps with peanut butter or chocolate spread and check/refill them regular

Simples, burn the house down, leave the digi card in there, wipes out previous offenses.
Claim the insurance, get a new house with no rodents .

Our ■■■■■ used to bring mice home put them down then bugger off and do something else, only to return later on to the same spot looking all confused as to why the mouse had buggered off.

Woke up many mornings to find a mouse’s head in one room and the body in another, found one in me shoe once.

I’ve also shoved a mouse sextoy up the wife’s ■■■■■…

Dipper_Dave:
Our ■■■■■ used to bring mice home put them down then bugger off and do something else, only to return later on to the same spot looking all confused as to why the mouse had buggered off.

Woke up many mornings to find a mouse’s head in one room and the body in another, found one in me shoe once.

Did you buy that toy or did you “crrate” it out the 2 mouse body parts■■?

Some ■■■■■ toys from the pet shop can also be handy for other ■■■■■■■

Tipperdipper1:

Dipper_Dave:

Did you buy that toy or did you “crrate” it out the 2 mouse body parts■■?

Some ■■■■■ toys from the pet shop can also be handy for other ■■■■■■■

Thanks for asking, it was one of these bad boys:

The wife loved it, especially when I double clicked.
Top tip: For added pleasure use 2.

Poison no, traps yes.

You want to catch the little perishers and dispose of the bodies, you have no idea what a stench a dead mouse can give off, for bloody months too while it/they are decomposing.

Ffs, It’s a tiny little mouse, y
they wont attack you in your sleep and mybe you daughter used the scared of mice just as an excuse to get to stay with her boyfriend …

raymundo:
Ffs, It’s a tiny little mouse, y
they wont attack you in your sleep and mybe you daughter used the scared of mice just as an excuse to get to stay with her boyfriend …

Someone I work with had to spend £3,000 having the wiring loom in his van replaced after a tiny little mouse chewed it to pieces. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mouse trap , with a ‘little’ bit of tough bait (cooked meat ), so they have to give a bit of a tug , this will set the trap off. But make sure you set it ‘highly sensitive’ on the end of the wire. Best try a stick in first !! :stuck_out_tongue: you wouldn’t want to put her finger in it … :open_mouth:
And put the trap in a dark place & cover it, so it’s dark, near where you think they are…& leave them quite 'till next day :sunglasses: .

bonnie lass:
Mouse trap , with a ‘little’ bit of tough bait (cooked meat ), so they have to give a bit of a tug , this will set the trap off. But make sure you set it ‘highly sensitive’ on the end of the wire. Best try a stick in first !! :stuck_out_tongue: you wouldn’t want to put her finger in it … :open_mouth:
And put the trap in a dark place & cover it, so it’s dark, near where you think they are…& leave them quite 'till next day :sunglasses: .

Are we still on about catching mice here or is this in reference to dipper Daves post?! :smiley:

xichrisxi:

bonnie lass:

Are we still on about catching mice here or is this in reference to dipper Daves post?! :smiley:

Catching mice!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: