Writing and Publishing

Hello Jeff, Dave Mackie did ask me several years ago if I could have a look at a couple of your chapters at the start of your book and help him to edit it. As English was probably my worst subject at school I didn’t really have a clue at what I was supposed to do as regards putting it in format for a book. :confused: As it was also the time when my daughter was having a house built I am afraid that your story got pushed to one side due to lack of spare time and when Dave said that there was another 800,000 words to go then I had to tell him that I just couldn’t do it so I am sorry about that. From what I did read about doing your Dads tank jobs, it looked like it was a going to be a great read and I have been looking out for years to buy a copy of the finished article. So don’t give up Jeff as I know that from what I did read that you are on to a winner with stories not only about doing U.K. work to stories and experiences from distant countries that we can only imagine.
Jeff, I know that I am a couple of hours too late now for tonight but there was a campsite in Longreach many years ago on I.I.R.C. Ilfracombe Street or Ibis Street where you could park your unit and go and get a shower.
You could also get a cabin with an air con and they did great campfire meals and had a fantastic bush poet called Mark Kleinschmidt. If you buy one of Mark’s early C.D’s then it will pass away a couple of hours while you are waiting for those three trailers to turn up.
And Jeff, the next time you are coming up The Bruce Highway past Maryborough you couldn’t drop me off a sample crate of that fresh Tasmanian Salmon could you or a box of Bowen mangoes. :wink:

Regards Steve.