Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

OK DieselDave, great help mostly confirming what I was fairly sure about. You are correct in that I am non ADR. This used to rear it’s ugly head last year with a former employer and they took the head in the sand approach to it. This employer is different and genuinely does want to do things correctly. Well at least he says he wants to.

The bunded flasks are steel tanks that look like this

As I recall they say something like 1100l bunded fuel flask on them, but am I right in saying that i bund has to hold 110% of the tank? This would give a 1000 capacity and therefore squeeze under the ADR limit. Does the amount of 1000l cover the actual fuel in the tank or the size of it. For example, could I move a 3000l tank with 1000l in it.

What sort of labelling must be applied to the tanks and drums?

How do I stand if coming back through the Dartford Tunnel with fuel on board? Do I have to join the DG queue for ■■■■■■ with the tankers, If so is there a cost involved with this?

Last year when I used to go to the Isle of Wight, they would spot an oil drum a mile off and I’d have to go and get a DG form and then travel under DG regs. It was a right pain because they would only load a certain amount of DG and sometimes I’d have to miss a couple before they could load me.