S. jones of aldridge

cookie1:
Hi Mick I knew it was you I hope you are well I well remember doing the engine in the Atkinson and trying to keep the cab clean because your motor was one of the cleanest on the fleet ARF 323M and was a bit of a flyer

Hi Jerry.
Nice to here from you and hope you are OK. The last time I spoke to you I think was when you were pulling trailers out of Bass at Burton-on-Trent with your blue ERF. I was talking to Nicky Herron a couple of years ago and he said you had moved to Southport, but sadly he has passed away since then, I think he had another stroke, I worked with him for a while at Bowmers after I finished at Suttons. great lad was Nicky always happy with a smile. I sometimes sit with a smile on my face and the misses asked watts making you smile, because I sometimes think of the things we got up to, like the time we all froze up at Ma’s at Uchy north of Macon, you and Jona came out to us and I think there was about six of us with the diesel waxed up and just one unit running with petrol mixed in the tank, that was Paul Clements unit so that was the our taxi for the week, we all stayed in the travel lodge on Macon services at night because it was dropping to 30 below at night and some drivers in France died with the cold sleeping in there cabs. That week is one you never forget, as was many of the things we got up to. Luck after yourself Jem.
Mick.