Two reduced weekly rests on the spin

Radar19:
Was having a disagreement with a friend yesterday about having two reduced weekly rests on the spin. According to him and the DVSA website you can’t have two weekly reduced rests on the spin yet the government website says you can. Last week I worked 14 hours on the Saturday reducing my weekly rest, the week before I had more than 45 hours off. This weekend I ran in on the Saturday morning after running out of shift time yesterday. My understanding is that I need to pay back the hours from last weekend and this weekend in full by next weekend.

Is this correct or have I goofed?

There’s no rule against having 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods, however if you only have one weekly rest period a week and it’s always taken at weekends you should have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second weekend.

There are occasions when you can have reduced weekly rest periods on 2 consecutive weekends but it can usually only be done once between 90 hour rest periods (this will usually be a holiday).

It’s not possible to say whether or not you’ve got an infringement winging it’s way to you with the information given.

Like I said, if your weekly rest periods are always at the weekends you should generally stick to having a regular weekly rest period at-least every other weekend.

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods should be paid back en-block by the end of the third week following the week that the reduced weekly rest period was taken.