Tacho head unit calibration

We drive different vehicles every shift, when i removed my card at end of shift the message calbrate in days 0 came up on the display, to me that says its out of calibration■■?

Questions are:

Is there a grace period to continue using vehicle ■■?

Why does it only show at end of shift & not at start when card put in ■■?

If its out can a driver refuse to use it & who gets bollocking from DVSA ■■?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

No, the vehicle should not be used if the unit is out of calibration. A warning message would have been coming up every time a card had been removed for the last month and the operator’s forward planning chart should also have prevented this happening.

I don’t know why the warning is only shown when the card is removed, but they are all the same.

Yes a driver should refuse to drive to vehicle if the tacho is out of calibration, as they would be committing a offence by doing so.

whelmic:
I don’t know why the warning is only shown when the card is removed, but they are all the same.

Yes a driver should refuse to drive to vehicle if the tacho is out of calibration, as they would be committing a offence by doing so.

But how will the driver know to refuse to drive it if the warning only comes up AFTER or at the time of card removal??
By what said it could be a head fault and it’s booked in

The calibration date should be visible somewhere in the cab. In most units I’ve driven it’s usually on the drivers door shut. If it’s within two years of the calibration date then it’s legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk