New Scania

the maoster:
And now for the massive minus point… The bloody Godawful Stoneridge Tacho. :imp: :imp: :imp:

The first time I’ve had the displeasure of using one of these hateful machines! I’m sure that with familiarity it becomes second nature and I’m sure some people will sing their praises. Quite simply those people are wrong! They are the same people who are doggedly hanging onto their Betamax video players and refuse to take down the squariel from their houses. :imp:

Quite why it feels the need to count down my driving time is beyond me, why not display a total of driving time and trust us to do the maths? Also what it and the dash displays bears no relation to what I’ve actually driven that day. I’ve had to do a printout every day just to work out my driving and working times. Tonight I parked up confident that I had it sussed and figured that I’d driven for 9h 43 min. A printout revealed that I had in fact done 9h 11 min driving! :imp: :imp:

What tacho in your normal truck?
I’ve a Stoneridge Exact Duo and am quite happy with it. In the DAF you can put “Drive Time - Daily Total” on dash display and that matches exactly the tacho time.
Countdown on ferry movement is very useful too: It lets you know how hard you should be chewing your finger nails.

One more point in favour of the DAF?

That’ll be
DAF 2 pts vs SCANIA 768 pts
then.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk