DPD

Any info on trunking for this outfit?

Been wondering the same, except out of Swansea.

Not been there for years but from what I gather it hasn’t changed much. Kit is well looked after, they’re serious about H&S and security (if you want to stop for a pee en-route you have to phone in for an authorisation number), job is a doddle but very monotonous.

SuperMultiBlue:
Any info on trunking for this outfit?

Sleep for 3 hours at the hub, hook up to trailer

Good canteen, bluechip company with proper workshops etc

Can we talk money

£10 + ph for nights although there is an o/t rate which is an extra £2 or so ph. Not everyone gets 3 hours kip at the hub and hub jobs are low on hours I understand.

■■■■ that then

I did Sheff to…

The hub for months on nights.

Cushy number.

Come in, kick the tyres, arrive at the hub, drop the trailer, go to sleep for five hours or so, pick up the trailer, go back and go home.

Then some office wannamakeanameforhimself tells me that I must have an assessment drive for insurance purposes. This is three months into me doing the job.

I had a think about things and the following night I asked what would happen if I failed the assessment? ‘You wouldn’t be able to drive for us any more’. I then enquired who was going to drive me and the load back to Sheff the following morning if I failed?

never saw the bloke again after that

yourhavingalarf:
I had a think about things and the following night I asked what would happen if I failed the assessment? ‘You wouldn’t be able to drive for us any more’. I then enquired who was going to drive me and the load back to Sheff the following morning if I failed?

never saw the bloke again after that

Yeah of course that’s what happened. More RDC waiting room bollox I’m afraid. I worked there for over a year. A hub standby driver would have driven you back to the depot the same as one drove me back to York one morning when I became ill enough on the way down that I didn’t feel safe driving back. How he got back to Smethwick I don’t know but they do have drivers available who can drive the vehicle back to your depot if you’re not able to.

Conor:
Yeah of course that’s what happened. More RDC waiting room bollox I’m afraid.

Of course…

You were there that night?

Don’t call me a liar.

yourhavingalarf:

Conor:
Yeah of course that’s what happened. More RDC waiting room bollox I’m afraid.

Of course…

You were there that night?

Don’t call me a liar.

Don’t question him, he’s done everything with everyone and been everywhere.

Except he hasn’t, he’s been an agency driver for 2 decades because he’s unemployable.

A.