No CD slot

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
On that note I think a lot of the other over complicated stuff will eventually just turn out to be a way of extorting loads of money for every record played in a vehicle.

You don’t know much about Spotify then? There’s a surprise :wink:

There’s no mystery it seems clear enough.

Around £10 per month ( so far ) for the ‘premium’ service ? plus I phone data/roaming charges ?.The free service only provides the fixed ‘shuffle play’ including ads ( just like the radio ? ).With freedom to choose what you actually want to listen to limited to ‘premium’ service ?.Compare that with just loading what you want to listen to onto a recordable DVD or a CD off of youtube or the radio for nothing. :confused: It seems obvious where this is all going.IE corner the market by removing the ‘free’ options then hit it for everything it’s worth and a bit more. :bulb:

Two statements, both alike in dignity, in fair TNUK where we lay our scene:

I agree 100% carryfast. See I want a Jag F-Type to drive whenever I want, but I don’t want to pay for those people in Birmingham that make it, nor those idiots who deliver it. I’m not real keen on paying for the designers of it either. I guess the best thing to do is just find one out there already and borrow that on a long term basis, without asking.

I agree 100% carryfast. See I want the new song by Ed Sheeran to listen to on demand, but I don’t want to pay for the guys at the recording studio who record it, nor for the people who provide the platform on which I listen to it. I’m not real keen on paying the songwriter either. I guess the best thing to do is torrent it/record it off the radio/wait for my brother to buy it then rip his cd, and then I don’t have to pay at all.

The first statement describes car theft. A crime.

The second statement describes music piracy. Also a crime.

£10 a month for Spotify. £50 a month gives me unlimited data on my phone, plus unlimited calls and texts and a decent handset. The household has a group subscription to Netflix and I subscribe to Amazon prime for deliveries so I get Prime Video included. So I have all the entertainment that I could need in the lorry for £80 a month. I know that might seem steep but for that I get 20 million songs, 15,000 films and TV programmes on Netflix and 60k on Amazon. All of which play through the trucks stereo via Bluetooth.

Its a brave new world! The only downside for me is that it doesn’t take many lorries to deliver an App.