No CD slot

Carryfast:

Radar19:
My 2017 E Class has a CD player but really CD’s are dead. I have 700 tracks plus on my Road playlist on Spotify. I’ve used all sorts of methods to collect my phone to stereo systems, AUX leads, USB, Blutooth, FM transmitters etc. Why bother with hundreds of CD’s when its all available to me on one device.

If it’s dependent of using a mobile phone it’s predictable what will happen to data charges at least when they’ve captured the market.Added to by the fact that Spotify isn’t free ? and that will probably only go the same way when they’ve cornered their respective bit of it.Bearing in mind that there also seems to be a similar push to make land phone lines obsolete it all seems a bit too convenient for the respective providers.It seems clear that there was a much larger role for the ‘free’ music consumer market during the days of cassettes and that obviously carried on in the case of recordable CD’s and the agenda here seems to be all about taking out that sector and making people more dependent on stuff that they will eventually have to pay ( a lot ) for and which before was effectively free.On that note no surprise how difficult they make it to get HDMI inputs on recordable DVD/CD type devices for example and no SCART output on computers either. :bulb:

Ah, it seems you answered my question already then.