CF85 480 AUTO BOX thoughts?

I know you weren’t blaming me etc :smiley: :smiley: I respect your views ,and can see through the rants :laughing: :laughing: Sadly workshops generally ignore certain driver defects …You may defect your clutch ,but ,and it isn’t an excuse ,most workshops will road test the unit solo ,and as we both know unless the clutch has already failed a solo roadtest is as much use as ■■■■■■■ into the wind hoping to stay dry…Also as you have pointed out the standard of todays driver and I will add along with todays standard of spanner monkey,then we are on a hiding to nothing …As the new “technicians” can’t diagnoise a fault with out a warning light …If no warning light is on then the truck is ok …■■■■ they cant diagnoise for example a brake squeal as it isn’t an electronic fault so the laptop wont tell them…Sadly more and more we do need accurate defects from the driver …with the complexity of todays vehicles a defect of warning light sadly does not help,the manufacturer when you require assistance or when the laptop says to contact the helpdesk require more info rather than warning light …You like myself are a dying breed ,just as todays drivers expect the truck to do all the work with minimal driver input and the world collapse if they have to actually press a clutch to change gear ,as he clutch is heavy or they struggled to change gear ,then our lot are the no warning on the laptop brigade …I remember adjusting point adjusting the timing and tweaking carbs just using your senses to know if something was wrong …Nowdays if it doesn’t start in 2 seconds there s an issue lol