Weekly Rest Crackdown? [Merged]

robroy:

nightline:

robroy:

Winseer:
Fines for foreign lorry drivers sleeping in cabs by roadside could rise to £3,000

It would make sense I guess for this crackdown to close the gap between UK drivers who don’t get away with jack - and johnny foreigner who still can be seen parking overnight under motorway bridges with impunity.

It’s about time the playing field was leveled. :bulb:

Ok, so your main concern about '‘Johnny Foreigner’ (ffs :unamused:) parking under Mway bridges does not come from a potential danger pov, it’s because quote;… ‘‘UK drivers don’t get away with jack’’ .
I don’t know about you mate but I’ve no desire to park under a Mway bridge, whether I’d get away with it or not, and I don’t know many UK drivers who would tbh.
Do you Winseer?
No? …So why are you bothering your arse about it exactly? :unamused:

Well we all know that its one of the reasons that every thing is ■■■■■■ up like i am all right jack not only you but many like you.
If you ain’t got it yet it’s about parking up for the night and as i said most of us don’t like smelling like last night’s dinner because we cooked in the cab we are not that mean
It links into every thing about trucking good parking good wages good conditions
But I’m all right jack is what some people say

Well then the reason the prices are so high in motorway services is because of our own doing, why because we are the only ones trying to park there the natives
We all don’t stink out the cab by cooking in it and parking in out of the way places
Another point about not sticking together
It affects every one if people park on hard shoulders no matter what for

I wouldn’t know mate, I don’t park in MSAs, got more imagination and initiative tbh. :neutral_face: and I don’t like eating overpriced crap for my tea.
As I’ve said before, anybody who parks for free on those overpriced [zb] holes and gets away with it doing those robbing bastds out of a few quid is ok by me.