Weekly Rest Crackdown? [Merged]

Its not just Johnny Foreiner who is gonna cop it is it…what about brits they do long distance as well, and some have to weekend in the cab too…but i will say this: all of these regulations have been re-enforced to stop east europeans from taking up lots of parking at weekends…and to my mind its blatant discrimination, and if i was in their situation, i would certainly be making noises to my MP…as i do anyway for this country.
Its EU law, that EU countries have to provide suitable parking spaces and accommodation for HGV drivers, and all has to be in place by 2030…now thats a long way off, and bringing in these unsuitable rules far too early when there isnt not suitable places to park is disgusting.
Now with the advent of what i have just written, drivers should be asking their companies for their weekend expenses up front, as £100 a week shouldnt be borne by the drivers themselves, especially those on monthly pay, as it could add up to a great deal, nopw this all depends if drivers would have to spend a weekend away from home, here or abroad, or failing that, should be thinking about telling their bosses they will no longer spend weekends away, and should actually be planning journeys the correct way to avoid this situation…there is nothing in the regulations to stop a driver taking a reduced rest in the truck, so one week a way, and one week at home should be planned…drivers, we have to fight back, and dont let them bully you…i suppose that with the advent of us leaving the eu, things wont change much in transport, but the uk can opt out of eu rules after we leave, and so building new truck stops with accommodation wont be on the agenda…no surprise there, BUT, they have agreed to build a new truckstop with 3000 places, and possibly a customs clearance area included…so there you go…be careful out there, and stop knocking the EEs as theyre in the same boat as we are, and that aint gonna change, except an increase in their rates to cover the extra cost…