A little reading for all you non believers

UKtramp:

IronEddie:
I don’t think anyone doubts the tech is being developed. I disagree with those who think it will take over completely. I don’t think that will happen in my lifetime.

As much as anything else people are only just starting to think about the huge social and political ramifications of the mass unemployment widespread automation will cause. I think I read that this year the UN set up its first full time office to research the impact of automation. Amongst other things being considered was the idea of governments imposing a quota of human employees a business would have to have.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

You have an opinion that is from the dark ages. In the last 50 years we have gone from mechanised to computerised, from computerised to automation, this is just another step from the technology that has been developed now be put into use of vehicles. Mass unemployment is what we already have so nothing new there. People will go into other employment like the miners had to do and all the other workers who have been affected by automation. You only have to look at how we have gone from two way radio to wired telephones and then the smart phones we have today in a very short period.

I don’t think you appreciate the scale of unemployment that could hit. Bare in mind this automation isn’t isolated to trucking. I read it could be as high as 30% see google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg … tudy-warns

That’s a significant number and one the government would need to manage in some way. The fact these ramifications of automation are being studied proves it’s a legitimate concern. Not a dark ages view. Huge social changes will need to take place side by side with automation.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk