...Past Epilepsy

Well… This is [zb]…

Totally forgot about my past with epilepsy until I read what was on the medical.
You can all guess the question, and yes. I’ve looked it up. But, what if I haven’t had an epileptic fit in over 10 years but it’s been about 9 or 8 since I stopped taking the medication, do I still have a chance or am I waiting 1 or 2 years? Going to call doctors tomorrow to double check on the dates.
Some people I have spoken to (not at all related to driving) have said it might be different as the fits started and ended while still a “child”.

Medical is on Saturday so I guess, I’ll find out then.
Sorry for the gloomy post but I’m not going to sleep until I know an answer.

According to the official gov.uk website which is basically fact it states if you have suffered multiple fits/attacks in the past you must be free from attacks and medication for 10 years plus have no more than a 2% chance of having another fit/attack.
For one off fits/attacks then the time to be free of fits/attacks and medication is reduced to 5 years.

gov.uk/epilepsy-and-driving

The fact your epilepsy happened as a child would not alter the conditions of the requirements.

You may well be expected to undergo a more intensive medical because of your past.

smackers:
…You may well be expected to undergo a more intensive medical because of your past.

That’s what happened when getting my provisional car license. I don’t mind a longer medical, but after waiting years to get to 18 :laughing: I’d rather not wait any longer.

Thanks for the reply