Assessment Drive Done

Well-Jell:

Baymax:
A couple of years ago I went for an assessment drive with TTS. Looking forward to turning up and getting behind the wheel of a lorry for the first time, I left questioning if I wanted to get into the industry at all.

I too went out in the 20 year old M.A.N heap that you did (the one in which the steering wheel wasn’t aligned with the wheels!)

My instructor (I say this word loosely) told me to sit in the drivers seat, told me it was a slap gearbox and said drive. Being slightly apprehensive about never driving a vehicle so big I started asking questions, to which his reply was, ‘this isn’t a lesson’. Fair enough but I was still out on the road, having never driven a lorry before, he could have gave me a couple of tips.

After getting back to the yard, he then proceeded to tell me how poor a driver I was, and that I’d need a lot of training to get up to the standard.

There was no way I was going to hand over more than £1000 to this company when I was made to feel like I was ruining his day by being there.

The staff in the office are helpful and friendly but the experience I had with this instructor was the complete opposite.

If I was you I’d shop around, there are plenty of other training companies around the country and it’s a lot of money to waste if you choose the wrong one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The op might also want to avoid Tyne & Wear LGV for a lot of the same reasons as i know they are also close to the op.

I went for an assessment with above company and i can honestly tell you i was less than impressed.

Paid about the same as i would have but chose to give my money to Peter Smythe instead.

Past first time with a clean sheet after only 3 days training.

I avoided Tyne & Wear mainly because of the bad reviews I had seen on here, whereas I hadn’t seen any bad ones for TTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk