Next up.......C+E

So I passed my Cat C last month with Ritchies in Glasgow with only a couple of minors.
Today I’ve gone in and executed stage 2 of my plan and booked myself onto the C+E course.

Questions for those who have gone before me:

1. Is there anything I need to watch out for?

2. Has aynyone else on here done their C+E with Ritchies and what was your thoughts.

Thanks,
Rab

I done both classes at Ritchies and passed both first time with a couple of minors.
Was a good experience all round for me. Trainer had the patience of a saint as the boy training along side me was hopeless.
Routes are the same they’ll be familiar when you’re out.

Watch out for the extra length (ooo errr) :laughing:

The test is the same so you know what to expect from that.

I found C + E I’d need all the mirrors most of the time,I find less need for the wide angle view in rigid but watching your trailer wheels on some turns in artic can be a fair way off to one side. Having said that I had a bad patch on the reversing manoeuvre, which I put down to using the wide angle view to see my steering position of osf wheel then trying to carry on with that mirror to align to the b and c cones, when I went back to the main view mirror was much easier as the perspective is less skewed.

njl:
I found C + E I’d need all the mirrors most of the time,I find less need for the wide angle view in rigid but watching your trailer wheels on some turns in artic can be a fair way off to one side. Having said that I had a bad patch on the reversing manoeuvre, which I put down to using the wide angle view to see my steering position of osf wheel then trying to carry on with that mirror to align to the b and c cones, when I went back to the main view mirror was much easier as the perspective is less skewed.

I done that initially as well njl on the Cat C. Problem was resolved there and then.

So apart from the obvious extra length, are the test routes etc the same?

The only thing that is different is the size of the box for the reverse, to accomodate the extra length.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk