First day C+E training. Could've gone better

Question… at that roundabout say I didn’t go and got a minor for hesitation because there was a gap but I didn’t judge I could get out… If there was another gap and i didn’t go would that be another minor?

An examiner can only mark a fault once. But you are talking about repeating the fault. I’m not an examiner so I wouldn’t like to call that one. But, more importantly, why do you want to know? What difference will it make to your judgement? The fact is that if you pull out on someone who was visible when you committed, you’re almost certainly looking at a serious fault (fail).

The art of driving properly relies on judgement to a large extent. Is it really that difficult to go through the logic of “there’s someone there so I’ll wait”. Because that’s all it is. The danger is often from folks on your immediate right. If there’s someone coming from your immediate right, wait. If they’re not coming, ask yourself why? There may well be a vehicle coming from their immediate right. Unless the roundabout is huge and you are still rolling, it’s highly unlikely you can emerge. But check for signals. If the traffic coming from their immediate right applies a left signal prior to your junction, then they’re leaving the roundabout. Have you now got a space?

Don’t complicate the issue and certainly don’t try and second guess the examiners take on your decision. You must decide based on your competence - cos that’s whats being tested. But the most basic rule of all : “if you’re going to make anyone slow down or stop, you’re wrong”. Stick to that and you really cant go wrong.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: