Kennect Recruitment

Anyone has experience with this agency in Manchester? I passed my Class 1 in August and applied for a job in Trafford Park through them. Im about to giving up my perm Class 2 job but wouldnt like to be let down. The ad says ongoing work up to February for the right candidates but I`m a bit sceptic about agencies :unamused:

I would not be giving up a full time position to go on agency unless you’ve got a decent amount of savings you can dip into when they stop giving you work.
They’ll promise you the world when in reality come December 25th when the rush is done you’ll be dropped till March/April.

Signed up and not heard a word from them.

Stay with the job you have until March /April.
Do not trust agencies .I signed to them in the Midlands,Waste of space.

Personally wouldn’t go from the certainty of a permanent job to the uncertainty of an agency one. Even of the agency job is brilliant.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I’m going to go against the grain and say go for it, you have trained for class 1 so that’s obviously what you want to do, this is your chance to get some experience under your belt.

What’s probably more accurate is ongoing work til the week before xmas…but if they put that in the ad no one would apply.

Dealt with the burton branch once, was promised the world over the phone, (the usual with agencies)
Went down to register only to be told when I said I’m only after temp to perm that their main source of work was covering holidays at various places, they have had my details for 15 months and Ive never had a single call from them

Not for me thanks

This agency make to many advertise spam.They have office in Nuneaton.They advertise every day plenty new job.BUt i think this agency not so big.Was working for them little bit.

Turners will take you on at Liverpool docks doing container work though you’d be on training money for 3 months or so before they send you out on your own.
Just a heads up for permanent work to get a couple of years experience under your belt then go where you like basically.

fuser84:
Anyone has experience with this agency in Manchester? I passed my Class 1 in August and applied for a job in Trafford Park through them. Im about to giving up my perm Class 2 job but wouldnt like to be let down. The ad says ongoing work up to February for the right candidates but I`m a bit sceptic about agencies :unamused:

Have you looked at Yodel - their Shaw Depot is looking for Class 1 Drivers on a Permanent basis; they look to take on Newly Qualified Drivers as well!