Palletline

I’ve been doing this king of work for almost 4 months now. It gets bad publicity on this website in general and I get why. It’s hard work. It can be long hours too. I’ve done deliveries to all sorts of places, RDC’S, retail outlets, garden centres, buliding sites, corner shops, private addresses, farms etc etc. I’ve had days where I’ve felt like taking the motor back to the yard and chucking the keys at the transport manager! As time goes by, the truck feels smaller and the job gets easier, particularly when you get your own run. Your confidence grows and the job becomes more enjoyable. There are so many factors to this type of work. In my opinion the experience you gain is well worth the aggrevation. It’s probably not a job you’d want to do for the rest of your career, but as a newbie it certainly gives you a good grounding in the haulage industry. Anyway as for me, I had my last day as a class 2 multi drop driver on Friday and tomorrow continue my education and experience on an artic with the same company.
One thing’s for sure, the experience I gained doing class 2 multi drop has been invaluable and as such would recommend it to any new driver. If you can hack multi drop, you can hack anything.