Domestic out of scope recording

Hi.
I’m seeking clarification on recording my domestic work. I am on milk collections which I know qualify for the domestic rules, though most of our guys use EU as they like their long weekly rests. I’d like more hours but have a few questions to keep myself legal:

1. If I put the tachograph to out of scope, what does it actually record?
  2. Am I correct in thinking that breaks are not duty time, so I could do 12 hours, if more than 1hour was breaks? If this is correct then would the out of scope mode record that?
  3. Do I have to put the tachograph to out of scope for domestic weeks?
  4. On a different matter, to comply with WTD ,I would take 30min break after 6 hrs, then 15 after the next 3hrs-correct? What if I took 30 mins after 4hrs, would I need 15 after the next 3 hrs or 5hrs?

Thanks

cultivator:
Hi.
I’m seeking clarification on recording my domestic work. I am on milk collections which I know qualify for the domestic rules, though most of our guys use EU as they like their long weekly rests. I’d like more hours but have a few questions to keep myself legal:

1. If I put the tachograph to out of scope, what does it actually record?
  2. Am I correct in thinking that breaks are not duty time, so I could do 12 hours, if more than 1hour was breaks? If this is correct then would the out of scope mode record that?
  3. Do I have to put the tachograph to out of scope for domestic weeks?
  4. On a different matter, to comply with WTD ,I would take 30min break after 6 hrs, then 15 after the next 3hrs-correct? What if I took 30 mins after 4hrs, would I need 15 after the next 3 hrs or 5hrs?

Thanks

1 everything including the fact that it is out of scopr
2 correct
3 yes or do not use it but use daily log sheets instead
4 domestic regs are not under the driver WTD but the normal WTD which has no set breaks and can be opted out of completely

Thanks Rog that’s very helpful - the rules are not always easy to understand when your not sure which ones apply.