Working hours

Hi all new on here so hello to all

Looking for some advise, being told difference things from drivers about working hours not driving hours,
Been tramping for the last month,
My question is how many hours can you work a week as just want to stay with in the law,
What is max hours I can work, I was under the impression that you could only work a average of 48 hours over you period ie 17 weeks or 26 weeks. but could do 60 hours in a week as long as your average over a set period is 48 hrs,

After speaking with 2 difference drivers / trampers they have told me I could do more ie 3 15 hrs and 2 13 hrs shifts, if I manage my hrs correct and using PoA if waiting for long period to get loaded or unloaded, is this correct so if hypothetical I keep my driving hrs and other work over a 48hr week dose that mean with Rest and PoA I could do 71hrs a week, not that I want two or could with the company I am with as over the last month the max I have had to wait is about a hour as they have me booking in for a time slot, can’t find anything on this so I am thinking this is incorrect.
If any one could answer this question it would be much appreciated
Thanks

Hi mate, yes you can do 60 hours (working time) max per week. Average 48 hours other the 26 week period… for example I have done a 15 hour shift today but actually only worked 12 hours so breaks and POA don’t count towards your working time.

So that means the 2 trucks I spoke to are doing a max 60hrs a week working time, but then with there PoA and rest there total payed hrs can be 71hrs ,as the last 11hrs are on PoA

See I have been using PoA but still always kept my total payed hrs to a max of 60hrs, so many rule they are confusing as [zb], well as they say every day is a learning day thanks for the reply,

Leerast:
See I have been using PoA but still always kept my total payed hrs to a max of 60hrs, so many rule they are confusing as [zb], well as they say every day is a learning day thanks for the reply,

So you will be doing a lot less than 60 hours working time minus your breaks and POA… say you do a 70 hour week you may have actually only worked 60 or less taken off your breaks etc. I do a printout at the end of each shift tally driving and other work up and write it down each day then total it for the week so I can keep an aye on my hours I have worked

Thanks for that, didn’t realise you could do that, but after what you have said,and looking up about PoA, I no understand what you are saying, and how they are doing 70hrs a week, did not no the in and out of PoA, well thanks again it is much appreciated cheers mate,

Leerast:
Thanks for that, didn’t realise you could do that, but after what you have said,and looking up about PoA, I no understand what you are saying, and how they are doing 70hrs a week, did not no the in and out of PoA, well thanks again it is much appreciated cheers mate,

No worries pal… least come Friday I know what I have left working time with keeping a log of it if you have had a busy week or if they ask you to work sat you can tell them how many hours you have left. (But I try to stay away from weekends haha)

As the authorities do not seem bothered about working hours, many companies simply do not bother about them either.

Drivers are not expected to keep a tally of average working hours - company admin departments have the computers to do that from the info provided by the drivers

I am the same I try to say away from working weekend, try to just work 5 day then have weekends with the family, the company I am with I only work Monday to Friday as am mainly delivering to schools, or offices, am for this week by the time I get home about 46 hours working time and about 10 hours poa and rest normal week average about 50 to 60 hrs paid time, but already I no if managing poa rest driving and other work I could do more paid hrs thanks again for the help,