Complete beginner - pros and cons of driving, educate me

eagerbeaver:

slowlane:
Is there an element of repetition that gets to you too, beaver?

I’m guessing that working on days you’re going to have a sort of “catchment area” that you can work in, which limits where you can go/what comes next?

Over the last week I’ve done movements at various places between Glasgow and Brighton, with about a 60/40 split on places I’ve been before and new places. But you choose to go home every night and I choose not to, do a bit of swings and roundabouts.

Yeah, there definitely is repetition Slowlane but it’s also the hanging around and inane nature of performing extremely simple work around very simple people :neutral_face:

For me to continue on the wagons, I would have to find a more ’ niche ’ job with decent money and hours, along with some element of thought and skill involved. I have had enough of sifting through the turd :frowning:

I can see where you’re coming from, I know for me that it’s the driving that engages me, not so much the rest of it. Without the steady supply of long runs I’ve got, itchy feet would set in.

I’ve followed your progress on here from the P&H days and, funnily enough, heavy plant is my plan for when it’s time to come off the road. Best wishes for your move, I’m sure you won’t struggle to turn your hand to it and I hope it engages you in the way you’ve been looking for the last few years.