Complete beginner - pros and cons of driving, educate me

General haulage is absolute cack. I have tried various stuff, done a bit of flat work, done roof trusses on low loader flat’s, fridge work, containers etc, and Muckles is correct- I am completely jaded with it after 3 yrs of class 1. I am only doing a bit of driving at the minute to keep me going until I can get into the construction game ( hopefully heavy plant ).

But with that said, if I could get onto powder tanker work with sensible hours, I wouldn’t mind a crack at that. The decent jobs in haulage usually require a little thinking and aptitude and will invariably pay more dough. Heavy haulage is also something that would tempt me.

Running 26 pallets of Cola into Morrisons Gadbrook will only challenge those with a brain that is similar in power to an elastic band.

So basically it’s dependant on your expectation, circumstances and views regarding pro’s & con’s. Ask yourself if you could handle another 25 years of crap conditions and dealing with bellends on a daily basis…I did, and the answer was NO! :laughing: