Couple questions about multi drop?

cheetham100:
Ok been in my first ever class 2 job for about three weeks now and on the most part I am enjoying it. It is multi drop pallet work though and at times find some of the drop points unbelievable. Like how the hell am I suppose to get an 18t rigid there or how can I tip where there are all double yellows and literally no where to park lol.

An example would be yesterday delivered to a bar restaurant at about tea time (rush hour) on a road with compete double yellows. Literally no where I could pull up. In the end there was a wilkos opposite so went round back and parked in there loading yard/car park and dragged it round to the place.

My first question is basically just saying do you get used to this in time and does anyone have any tips on just staying calm lol. Most of time its like industrial drops which are easy but when these tight town places come up the pressure rises lol.

Secondly my tail lift is one of the tiny ones that fold underneath and the plug doesn’t even work so have to raise and lower it from the control box on side manually which isn’t half annoying having to jump up and down all the time. This has also been reported as a defect. Curtain side as well but not all drops are forked off.

Anybody from experience tell me when enough is enough and you just ring it in and say I cant make the drop. What kind of parameters are there for this.

My reversing is getting a bit better but still needs to improve. Will this just come in time and any other tips on this would be great.

Lastly what in peoples opinion are the best types of class 2 work

Sorry for rambling on but just want to be the best I can be. Thanks for reading

Alot of folk say class 2 work is worst job in transport…bigger truck than a 7.5t ( obviously more to deliver due to size ) and alot of times wages not that much higher to be worth the hassle of driving one. Best class 2 jobs? I have yet to find one

Good Luck