18 Year Old Wannabe

Sorry for the late reply, got caught up in something also, very sorry if multi-quote isn’t allowed!

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

The truthful answer is that it will probably be a struggle…

Thank you for the welcome! :slight_smile: Good to hear experience is done on the date of my license. It’s also nice to hear insurance companies are insuring drivers under 25, this was my main worry. You have no idea how much it is to insure a car for me in London. Unfortunately for me, no one in my family runs or has ever been in a haulage firm :frowning:

IronEddie:
I think there’s been a couple of other youngsters on here recently starting down the path to their own licences…

I don’t know why but I’ve always wanted to drive, it’s all I want to do. Hopefully, it doesn’t go south! So far so good. Drove to Spain in August and loved it!

muckles:
Why not look for an employer who has a range of vehicles…

My original plan before some things changed was to try and get a job doing local food deliveries, so that might work!

kcrussell25:
Following muckles at your age some firms do apprenticeships…

I have looked at apprenticeships but I have only been able to find mechanic apprenticeships and some driving ones but end up being a paid course. I might be looking in the wrong place!

trucker6012:
I got both C and C+E at 19 and am currently 20…

Hope it’s all going well for you! My main worry is insurance, it was a lot down in London for a car. :frowning: When I called companies about it, that’s exactly what they said!

Thank you, everyone, for helping me out. Good to have info from people in the industry before going into it!